Saturday 3 January 2015

Tree update

The last few days have kept me busy with the kids, playing to much on my XBox, trying to finish A Dance With Dragons and then some, but I did manage to put more time into my tree thingy.

I haven't had time to write up part 3 of the series and when I do it will be a long one as I've got an initial version of the code working that extrudes the tree nodes to a mesh, ported everything I had written over to using Vertex Array Buffers, Vertex Buffer Objects, programmable shaders including using tessellation shaders, etc. That last one requires Open GL 4.0 support but hey...

As my holidays end in a little over 24h it may be some time before I can do the write-up but for the time being, just a few progress screenshots:



I did upload all the changes to my github page.

No comments:

Post a Comment